Sunday, July 11, 2010

Looking foward to what God has in store!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited to see what God has brewing once I leave Montgomery, Alabama!! I am headed to Philadelphia Biblical University to pursue a degree in Christian Counseling. The Lord has called me to the ministry, and my heart is in the hood. The Lord began to reveal to me what he had for me to do. I begin to be burdened for the urban community and those that were lowly and abused physically, sexually,and emotionally. My heart would ache and go out to the hood because I know what goes done in rough places. The place I ran from is the type of place my heart yearns to be (pretty ironic)! I know what it feels like to feel hopeless and lost in the world. I know what it feels like to hate life and even your own life. Many people in improvished communities are suffering internally, crying out for help. If I don't go to the hood; my heart won't rest, and I will miss out on seeing God work in dynamic ways. I see God in a way I have never seen him before when I am going through trials and working with inner city youth. I grew to understand God's grace through little girls on the Westside of Washington Park in Montgomery, Alabama. Those kids lived in an urban setting where they were familiar with hurt and pain. I want to enter into the suffering of others and watch the Lord work.

Why Philly?
I feel in love with the city of Philadelphia when I was in high school. I told myself that I was going to come back to live in Philly and that is where I am headed!!!! Yay!!!! I believe that the Lord is calling me to Philly because there is a need for strong believers on the eastcoast. The eastcoast is a lot different from southern culture. I have been in the bible belt for four years and now it is time to go back to my home front. Philly is about sixty-five percent Muslim and is pretty dangerous. To profess Christ on the eastcoast is bold and courageous. I want to be uncomfortable and sacrifice my time and life for the sake of the Gospel. I have a strong desire to move into an urban community in Philadelphia and work with abuse victims and drug addicts. Prayerfully (in Jesus name), I will get married and my husband and I will serve God in the urban community. Right now, I am praying for a place to live and a church to serve in. I am also praying for the funding to attend school for free. I am stepping into the unknown because I don't know what Philly will encompass but I have to trust the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment