Saturday, July 3, 2010

How I came to know the Lord!

I have been a believer for 3 years now, and the Lord has showed me so much of himself along with my sin, yet his love and his grace abounds. I came to know the Lord in Atlanta, Georgia at a summer project entitled "The Atlanta Training Project". It was there that I heard for the very first time in my life that my identity was only found in Christ. I heard the bridge diagram and understood that man was separated from God because of his sin and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ was sufficient to allow man to have a loving and intimate relationship with God the Father. It was June 2, 2007, when I decided that life without christ was meaningless and I surrendered my life over to him. I remember praying with a friend and sister in Christ in a parked car in Piedmount Park with tears running down my face. I told the Lord I needed him, and I could not live this life without him. He did exactly what I had asked and my life has never been the same. I literally felt like a burden was lifted of my shoulders. The Lord embraced me that day and it felt soooooooo good. The peace of God consumed me and I became a new creation in Christ. I owe a special thanks to Campus Outreach in Montgomery which no longer exists for my coming to know the Lord and my spiritual growth. They taught me how to study the Word of God, share my faith, pray, memorize scripture, and live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. Shout out to Alonzo Brown, Byron Johnson, Paul Rogers, Caleb Galloway, and the other men and women of god who invested in me. I am forever thankful!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for how the LORD saved YOu and how HE continues to complete such a great work that HE STARTED in you!! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete