Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Freedom in Christ




Galatians 5:1
Christ has liberated us into freedom. Therefore stand firm and don't submit again to a yoke of slavery.

John 8:36
Therefore if the Son sets you free, you really will be free.

Psalm 121:1-2
I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

FREEDOM!
What does it mean to be free?

The Lord has been so gracious and loving towards me through the trials he has given me in this season of my life. I see how loving he truly is because of his desire to free me to love him without restraints and to love my neighbor as myself. I have been controlling how close I let people get to me and it has made me miserable. I realize how I fail to love others in order to protect myself from hurt and pain. I show people a side of myself that I want them to see, yet parts of myself I keep hidden. The root of it is: I yearn to be loved, accepted, and approved of no matter how sinful I really am. The funny thing about that is: My Lord loves me just as I am; however, my heart is fighting to embrace what my mind already knows. Everyday I wake up, I literally have to ask the Lord to help me make it through another day. The pain, frustration, and emotional turmoil I carry inside of me is simply to much to bear, and I need him to carry it for me. Continue to lift me up Saints as I run to the throne of grace. My heart is crying and yearning to be free.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Nicole; you are truly amazing!! Your prayers are needed and appreciated! Love ya Sis!

    ReplyDelete