Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lady in Waiting!!!!!!!!

Whooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! It is so hard to wait on the Lord but he is definitely helping me to hold tight to his word and promises. I recently had a group interview at Philadelphia Biblical University for the Christian counseling Master's Program. I was nervous going into it but the Lord strengthened me through his word and Holy Spirit. The day of the interview I read Psalm 62 along with John 15. Psalm 62 talks about finding rest in God and looking to him as your hope and your salvation. David tells his soul to rest in the heavenly Father and tells the people to trust in God at all times and pout out their hearts to him. I was so encouraged. I am called to be anxious about nothing but to present my request to God and he will give me the peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 2:6-7). I have to rest in God and be confident that whatever he has for me is good and perfect. My dream amd desire is to be in Philly in graduate school preparing to serve the kingdom of God through counseling in an urban context, Why wouldn't God allow me to do that? Is that my own desire or is that a desire he has given me? Waiting for my acceptance or rejection letter is scary but I am confident that Philly and graduate school is where he wants me. Pray for me Saints because I am in the process of deciding exactly where to live,and I am in desperate need of a job. Until then, I will be waiting and resting in the Father.

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sis! I am glad to hear that you are not only trusting The Lord with the desires of your heart, but also the burden He has given you & the context of how He would have you live that out! Keep trusting while waiting (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April! I received a call today and I got in, yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete