Monday, August 15, 2011

Just Like You



Chorus: I just wanna be like you, walk like, talk like, even think like you, the only one I could look to, you're teaching me to be just like you, well I just gotta be like you, I just gotta be like you.

I absolutely love this song! Lecrae gives a clear picture of the negative male influences in his life when his father wasn't around and how so many men deal with the same issue. So many young boys in the inner city grow up without a father and look up to other men in their lives who are negative influences. As a young man without a father figure, you derive what a man is from other manly figures in your life. However, Jesus Christ is a figure that we can and should look up to because he was the greatest man to ever live, and he continues to reign as King. Lecrae watched the lifestyles of his uncles and desired to be just like them. Now, as a believer, he understands that true biblical manhood is submitting to God and following him. He wants to be just like his heavenly father in every way.

In the same light, I desire to be just like my heavenly father. I was listening to a clip from Voddie Baucham, and he stated that true biblical womanhood is to be like Christ. While I am well aware of how we are to live as Christians, this statement was so simple, yet profoundly true. To be a real woman is to be like Christ. Lately, my prayers have been centered around honoring God in my thoughts and actions and being more like him. I ask God to cleanse and purify my heart all the time because I desire to reflect him in the world and to look just like him. My desire is to be fully satisfied in him and continually pressing toward the mark. This is my prayer for all Christians across the globe: That we would desire to look more like our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment